Thursday 12 April 2012

Bellingen Community Garden

Taylor told me about Bellingen's community garden on Snake Day so I went to check it out.













It really did feel like a properly lovely community space, apart from the fact it was totally deserted. Clearly, though, that is not normally the case, and I'm going to try and find a way into the gardening posse. I must be prepared to be inventive and patient, as a part of me suspects that these people were actually there all the time, that day, but were just hiding underground in their hippie burrows. Or maybe they only come and garden at night, by the light of the moon. In any case, I will do some investigating and report back.




2 comments:

  1. That looked amazing! Spot the Cosmos and the Acanthus!!...both coming up at Westbrook in the herbaceous border.Are thise bell peppers? Was that an avocado?? We have a drought here and may have a hosepipe ban soon like the East of the country.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were probably some sort of chilli but you might be right. And the avocado looking thing is a gourd! Pretty cool, although I'm unsure what you can do with gourds apart from make them into dried gourds.
      I've heard Severn Trent are buying water from an adjoining area, who are sending it down the River Trent! Seems such a funny idea you can do that.
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete